Closing Date: 26.11.2018
Contract type: Full time Inter for 1 Year
Starting date: 01.12.2018
Partners for Integrated Growth and Development (pigad) is a duly registered Zimbabwean Development Trust (0000997/2014). The organization was established in 2014 to empower communities through relief, rehabilitation and developmental programmes in both urban and rural communities.
Currently, pigad is implementing an agribusiness development intervention in three districts of Mashonaland East Province with a targeted outreach of 3000 smallholder poultry producers. pigad facilitated the setting up of a community based organisation, Goromonzi Smallholder Poultry Producers Union Cooperative Society, a district umbrella body representing the interests of small scale poultry producers. The programme is being facilitated by Help from Germany, supported and financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Despite managing projects, the organization also offers consultancy services in poultry production trainings, research, business development, internal savings and lending schemes, and evaluations (baseline/mid/end) for livelihoods programmes.
Partners for Integrated Growth and Development (pigad), is seeking to recruit an ICT Intern.The position holder will be based in Harare.
The major responsibilities
• Responsible for pigad webpage design and development
• Responsible for updating the webpage from current events and news flashes
• Routine ICT maintenance services – software updates (laptops, tablets, phones), back up, antivirus installations etc
• Responsible for Local Area Network set up – linking workstations with shared printers and scanners
• Design and develop the Apex Facebook page together with the Apex Representative
• Capacitate Apex Rep (s) on administering the Apex Facebook page and social media platforms
• To develop a functional back up system
• Documentation – Develop project fact sheets and info graphics
• Online research
• Always looking out for more efficient ICT based approaches on admin and project level
• Undertake periodic and timely field monitoring visits to ensure the quality of submitted data and verify accuracy of the data
• Assist to verify, clean, collate, analyze project generated data
• Assist in the management of project information such as farmers data base, projects district level Indicator Performance Tracking Table
• Support the project staff in the compilation of project statistical data.
• Any other ICT support
Professional Knowledge and Experience
A university degree in Information Technology or Computer Science ; Knowledge and understanding of the current M&E trend especially M&E systems in development organizations will be an added advantage; Minimum 1 year work experience in database development, webpage designing, routine computer repairs, Experience designing data collection tools using KoBoCollect or any ODK platform, data analysis using SPSS & MS Excel; Excellent computer skills with command on MS Excel, Access, Publisher, SPSS among other data analysis packages.
i. Graphic designing skills
ii. Media and communication skills
iii. Statistical skills
iv. Data analysis and presentation skills
v. Online and offline database design skills.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a detailed CV and motivational letter with 3 traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on Monday the 26TH November 2018.
NB: pigad believes in equal opportunities for all hence women and youths are encouraged to apply.
Short listing will be done as applications are received, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.